Spicy Bite Size Crackers
3/4 cup avocado oil (vegetable oil can be substituted)
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 envelope ( 1- oz) of ranch dressing mix
2 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
4 cups oyster crackers
4 cups Cheez Its crackers
- In a gallon zip top storage bag pour the oil, garlic powder, ranch dressing mix, red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper. Seal the bag and gently massage the ingredient at the bottom of the bag until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Add oyster crackers and Cheez Its to bag with season mixture. Seal bag tightly and toss crackers until the crackers are coated. (* you can add additional cayenne or red pepper flakes to your desired spice level) Remove air from bag and reseal. Lay bag flat with crackers laying evenly in bag. Shake and turn bag over every 30 minutes for 3 hours. Leave bag with crackers overnight.
- Next morning open bag and store crackers in airtight container. Enjoy.
Sugar Cinnamon Pecans
1 egg white
1 tbsp water
1 lb pecan halves
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Grease large baking sheet pan
- In a large mixer, whip egg white and water to a frothy consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour pecan into egg white mixture and gentle toss pecans until all are coated with egg white.
- Pour pecans into sugar mixture and stir together until every pecan is coated generously with sugar mixture.
- Spread pecans evenly on greased baking sheet pan.
- Bake in oven at 250° for 1 hour stirring pecans and returning to a single level on the pan every 15 minutes.
- After an hour of baking remove pecans from oven. Allow to cool and store in airtight container. Enjoy.