LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP PASTA
8 cups water
1 lb large shrimp (deveined and shelled)
¼ cup Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
¼ cup chopped onion
1 zucchini (sliced)
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
Zest of 1 large lemon
Juice of one large lemon (2 tbsp.)
9 oz package fresh angel hair pasta (usually found in refrigerator special food section of grocery store)
½ cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 ½ cup of baby spinach leaves
½ tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Pour water into large pot and begin to bring to low boil.
2. In large sauce pan, sauté onions and garlic in oil olive until translucent. Add shrimp and zucchini. When shrimp begins to curl and change color add lemon zest and Italian seasoning.
3. Pot of water should be at a boil. Add hand full of salt to water and then add pasta to boiling water.
4. Shrimp should be curled and a pink white color. Add tomatoes and lemon juice to pan and stir. After 1 minute add spinach and stir. Turn off fire. With tongs or pasta scoop add pasta (cooked to a medium consistency) straight from pot to shrimp mixture. You do not need to drain pasta. If you feel like your dish needs more liquid add some of the pasta water to the pan of shrimp and pasta.
5. Top with grated parmesan. Enjoy.