Thousand Trails- Willis, Texas (Rating -4 Pans “Good”)
Thousand Trails – Willis is located off of Lake Conroe about 45 minutes north of Houston, Texas. They have over 80 locations throughout the US and British Columbia, Canada. They do have memberships available for purchase, however, you do not need to be a member to stay at Thousand Trials.
The Willis location is extremely family friendly. They offer RV and tent camping. In addition, they have several cabins available to rent.
- Tent and RV sites available for rent. In addition, cabins are available to rent.
- Beach area on the lake.
- Private boat ramp.
- Planned activities at the activity center.
- Café onsite.
- Ranger station with limited access entrance.
- New extra-large concrete pads available.
- Large pool and hot tub.
- Activities available: tennis courts, basketball courts, playground, horseshoes, putt-putt, beach volleyball and fitness center.
- Billiard room.
- Large pavilion area on the beach.
- ATM located in activity center.
- Dog park.
- Some of the pads are in need of leveling.
- Wi-fi is available for an additional fee from a third-party vendor,
- Cable television is available for an additional fee from a third-party vendor. However, free Wi-fi is available at the activity center.
Overall, Thousand Trails is perfect for families and large groups. It is a great place for campers who enjoy mingling. However, if you are looking for a quiet place without families and children this may not be for you. I really enjoyed our visit. We began our camping adventures here at Thousand Trails as tent campers and it was the first place we took our RV when we purchased it. It holds a special place in our heart and we always seem to have a good time every time we visit.
For more information on Thousand Trails and their other locations visit their website at www.thousandtrails.com.