1 Pound of Pasta
1 Quart of Milk
One Stick of Unsalted Butter
½ Cup of All Purpose Flour
12 Ounces of Gruyere Cheese
8 Ounces of Sharp Cheddar
6 Lobster Tails
1 ½ Cups of Panko Bread Crumbs
½ teaspoon of pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (Optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add enough water to a large pot to cover the lobster tails. Bring the water to a boil, then carefully add the tails to the pot. Cook until the meat is translucent, pinkish-white, and shells are red, about 1 minute per ounce. Drain and allow to cool cut open the shell to remove the meat.
- In a small sauce pan warm milk.
- In a large pot melt butter (6 tablespoons) and add flour. Cook over a medium heat while whisking (about 2 minutes). Add warm milk to pot and whisk until flour mixture is dissolved. Add grated cheese to pot and stir in grated cheese. Stir continuously as not to burn the cheese. Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Add cooked pasta to cheese and stir. Add cooked chopped lobster meat and mix. Pour into large oven safe dish. Add pepper and cayenne (optional) and stir.
- Add bread crumbs to remaining melted butter in small sauce pan. Pour crumble mixture over pasta/lobster.
- Bake in 375° oven for 30 minutes or util topping is brown and dish is bubbling.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy.